Condor Storage was the storage and backup vendor to University of Arizona Tucson in 2011 and worked in close technical liason with Data Direct Networks and Qualstar on this HPC project.
We are proud to be a trusted partner to our university clients and the result is a state of the art new data center on campus in Tucson. The Data Direct Networks storage was selected (SFA10K) for the cluster.
See the DDN storage here: http://rc.arizona.edu/storage/home
Exciting things, 2012:
- Solid State arrays are finally affordable. We are proud to partner with TMS whom is one of the longest on record provider of solid state and recently purchased by IBM.
- Our President, Jeanne Wilson, spoke at CreateASphere 2012 on how to restore data when the “DAM” breaks. As it turns out, many Digital Asset Mngt. plans include archival to our very affordable but massively scalable Qualstar XLS tape libraries. LTO-6 is shipping!
- Object Based Storage which avoids RAIDed disks, starts to spread it’s wings w/AmpliData and DDN WOS. We are there.
- Nexsan, late to the Unified Storage arena, releases unified SAN/NAS and it is impressive. They are also the first to ship 4 Terabyte SATA drives.
- Starboard Storage Systems and Condor Storage have several published case studies. Unique: iSCSI, SAN and NAS and Fibre, 10GB available,High IOPS, Granular Snapshots, and more. Please allow us to showcase this technology.
- EMC VNXe is well received by our client base and continues to rack up the industry awards.
- Condor partners with BitSpeed, for fast file transfer. We had previously signed with Aspera as well, and continue to assist our clients with fast file transfer solutions from both manufacturers.
Thank you to all our trusted vendors and to our returning clients whom have trusted in our abilities and service. Call us please, for any information on our products, vendors and custom solutions.
Hello Condor Readers,
We are seeking beta participants for a new open source cloud computing NAS gateway. You can build this privately or port to a public cloud such as Amazon S3 or Nirvanix. Differentiator: Performance scales as you add nodes and up to “150+” nodes can be built out with no performance penalties, plus it’s easy to administer by a typical IT person (no need for knowledge of clustering/luster/HPC, etc.). ROI [vs. a public cloud price model], is less than 6 months in most cases. Condor Storage is a Value Added Reseller, meaning we architect, showcase and integrate data storage products we have carefully selected for their unique edge over what is commercially available at higher costs. We are proud of our abilities to broker significant price breaks for our repeat clients. If you are interested in more details on this product, please contact us. Special early adopter pricing is available. email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Visit our Contact US page and we’ll call you right back: http://www.condorstorage.com/contact_info.htm
Also, have you played around yet with Animoto, a web2.0 startup for making your own online videos set to music tracks. I am pasting in a link to this site, all you need is digital pictures to get started. This company is bound to be snatched up, as they have a revenue model right out of the gate (if you would like videos longer than 30 seconds). $30 a year gets you unlimited videos or buy one at a time for $3 each. Unlimited “Free” videos are are available but are limited to 30 seconds or less (about 15 pictures). A way cool idea and some very nifty coding/programming going on behind the scenes. I am impressed.