Condor Storage was the storage and backup vendor to University of Arizona Tucson in 2011 and worked in close technical liason with Data Direct Networks and Qualstar on this HPC project.
We are proud to be a trusted partner to our university clients and the result is a state of the art new data center on campus in Tucson. The Data Direct Networks storage was selected (SFA10K) for the cluster.
See the DDN storage here: http://rc.arizona.edu/storage/home
Exciting things, 2012:
- Solid State arrays are finally affordable. We are proud to partner with TMS whom is one of the longest on record provider of solid state and recently purchased by IBM.
- Our President, Jeanne Wilson, spoke at CreateASphere 2012 on how to restore data when the “DAM” breaks. As it turns out, many Digital Asset Mngt. plans include archival to our very affordable but massively scalable Qualstar XLS tape libraries. LTO-6 is shipping!
- Object Based Storage which avoids RAIDed disks, starts to spread it’s wings w/AmpliData and DDN WOS. We are there.
- Nexsan, late to the Unified Storage arena, releases unified SAN/NAS and it is impressive. They are also the first to ship 4 Terabyte SATA drives.
- Starboard Storage Systems and Condor Storage have several published case studies. Unique: iSCSI, SAN and NAS and Fibre, 10GB available,High IOPS, Granular Snapshots, and more. Please allow us to showcase this technology.
- EMC VNXe is well received by our client base and continues to rack up the industry awards.
- Condor partners with BitSpeed, for fast file transfer. We had previously signed with Aspera as well, and continue to assist our clients with fast file transfer solutions from both manufacturers.
Thank you to all our trusted vendors and to our returning clients whom have trusted in our abilities and service. Call us please, for any information on our products, vendors and custom solutions.
Condor is excited to bring on some new webinar topics, available by signing up on our Contact Us page.
Cloud Archival: Archive CIFS and NFS data to your own private cloud with new software, it’s Symantec [Vault] on Steroids.
Parallel NAS: Illustrates Processes for private cloud based storage, behind the corp. firewall for file based data. Eliminates the need for HA hardware and SLA’s.
SSD Storage Options: Details what is available for the Enterprise, via Solid State Disk.
I have just returned from Vegas, but did not gamble. (Bought over$$ designer sunglasses instead.) I went to update myself on file archival, digital vaults for govt. requirements, crypto-shredding! Talking about long term data storage to infinity and beyond, searchable like Google with de-dup, digital fingerprints and like wizards to King Authur, poof, your data is ”discovery ready”. We prefer to champion plug ‘n play products that do not require an entire SE team to architect. We have some unique products that address content addressable storage needs. Please contact us on our website to view a webinar on what these turnkey solutions entail.
I tried to play nice before with vendors like Arkivio, who were grossly overcharging for their migration tools and acting like fat overstuffed kings of the ILM sector. Move over you lamb-engorged pillagers, Moonwalk has arrived fresh from down under. It’s designed for tiering storage, policy based management, file reduction, and it’s skinny sw (like a DLL)…plus a cheap workstation can be deployed on the front end. This is one of half a dozen products we are rolling out for Q4 and literally jumping up and down about! For a limited time only, we are offering free downloads so you can try it for yourself with expert follow up and webinars with free gifts. Please request “Moonwalk download” from our ”Contact Us” page at www.condorstorage.com or go to: www.moonwalkinc.com and mention Condor sent you, that’s how we survive. Over ‘n Out, JMW. Read More: Moonwalk Overview