Condor Storage was the storage and backup vendor to University of Arizona Tucson in 2011 and worked in close technical liason with Data Direct Networks and Qualstar on this HPC project.
We are proud to be a trusted partner to our university clients and the result is a state of the art new data center on campus in Tucson. The Data Direct Networks storage was selected (SFA10K) for the cluster.
See the DDN storage here: http://rc.arizona.edu/storage/home
Exciting things, 2012:
- Solid State arrays are finally affordable. We are proud to partner with TMS whom is one of the longest on record provider of solid state and recently purchased by IBM.
- Our President, Jeanne Wilson, spoke at CreateASphere 2012 on how to restore data when the “DAM” breaks. As it turns out, many Digital Asset Mngt. plans include archival to our very affordable but massively scalable Qualstar XLS tape libraries. LTO-6 is shipping!
- Object Based Storage which avoids RAIDed disks, starts to spread it’s wings w/AmpliData and DDN WOS. We are there.
- Nexsan, late to the Unified Storage arena, releases unified SAN/NAS and it is impressive. They are also the first to ship 4 Terabyte SATA drives.
- Starboard Storage Systems and Condor Storage have several published case studies. Unique: iSCSI, SAN and NAS and Fibre, 10GB available,High IOPS, Granular Snapshots, and more. Please allow us to showcase this technology.
- EMC VNXe is well received by our client base and continues to rack up the industry awards.
- Condor partners with BitSpeed, for fast file transfer. We had previously signed with Aspera as well, and continue to assist our clients with fast file transfer solutions from both manufacturers.
Thank you to all our trusted vendors and to our returning clients whom have trusted in our abilities and service. Call us please, for any information on our products, vendors and custom solutions.
Our storage insider blog is designed to impart the latest technology news to our readership. We track the latest product releases, promotions and technology updates from dozens of our vendors. All projects are customized to our clients needs and wants, and we strive to architect the best solutions. This site is designed to be ever changing and non-static to reflect the changing curve of technology.
Here are a few tidbits of this weeks buzz:
- All in One Backup, Archival and Disaster recovery appliances offer OS + Application + Data Recovery while providing DeDupe, Rotational Archiving and now…Cloud Based DR. [ex. Our Unitrends Line]
- Massively scalable tape libraries gain steam as the end resting place for tiered data, with 1.5TB capacity uncompressed per $68 cartridge. Innovative tape storage cabinets free up precious floor tile space. [Call please]
- Thailand floods drive hard disk prices up, up and away, as supplies dwindle worldwide and stock has become KING in a very short period of time. Note: Our vendors still have stock, and we keep a list. [Call please]
- Object based storage offerings gain ground, they are massively scalable and eliminate file based CIFS and NFS management restrictions to moving and storing raw blocks of data. [think API's not files]
- Multi-site access to primary data in the cloud via a simple NAS interface is game changing for many small businesses, like buying a NetApps filer 1TB at a time. [ex. Our Nasuni product]
- ”Provisioned snapshots” are gaining ground as the latest data protection feature enhancement from our iSCSI SAN vendors, along with denser jbods for future scale. [ex. Our RelData SAN/NAS product ]
- Sync projects are popping up our clients “front burner” list of projects to explore. If involved in backup jobs and workflow, we offer Archiware’s PresSTORE Sync as an affordable solution. [email for pricelist]
We can’t help you if you don’t engage with us, so here’s to a great Q4 and new discussions and projects.
Condor Storage is an authorized PresSTORE Reseller. Their Backup and Sync software for Windows, MAC, Linux and Solaris is really well liked in the IT community. (Archiware is the manufacturer, and we represent them here in the US and Canada) Please contact us for superior customer service in obtaining price quotes, technical specifications and 30 day trials.
Storage Growth per IDC is at 100,000 Terabytes Per Year! Unstructured data continues to sprawl, and remains 80% of most of the online data that is stored in today’s data centers. We’ve partnered with Nasuni for a NAS Gateway to Amazon’s cloud. There are no API’s required, and we like this solution because Nasuni compensates for the shortcomings that have kept cloud providers from being able to deliver primary storage. While the cloud offers unlimited protected storage at a lower cost than businesses can provision on their own, it lacks performance, Local Area Network protocols, such as CIFS or NFS, and the ability to roll back unwanted changes. The Nasuni Filer was designed to address all of these issues with its high-performance cache, full support for CIFS and NFS, Active Directory support, and its snapshot technology. Contact Us for a download link and introductory pricing model.
- Nexsan recently released two new SAN solutions at surprisingly affordable pricepoints, the E18 and E60. These both feature a new active drawer chassis design with field replaceable parts exchange, 3 YR Warranty/Support inclusive and SAS/SATA mixed shelf drives. Known for ease of use, a self-install GUI Wizard and density of design-this brand is ultra-reliable. Condor Storage has clients under Year 6 warranty renewals.
- Over 10TB of high performance SAS in 2U OR over 54TB of high capacity SATA in 2U
- 18-disk RAID system with two active drawers
- Single or dual redundant active/active controllers
- High speed cache with both battery and flash backup
- 8Gb Fibre Channel and 1Gb iSCSI host-side ports
- Utilizes multi-path IO for Windows, Linux, VMware, Xen and Hyper-V
- No single-point-of-failure design
- Anti-Vibration Design™ maximizes disk reliability
- Nexsan’s exclusive AutoMAID® level 4 technology reduces energy consumption by 85%
- Nexsan’s Cool Drive Technology™ utilizes redundant push and pull fans
- Expand with up to 60 additional drives with Nexsan E60X
- Optional 10Gbit iSCSI replaces 8Gb Fibre Channel ports
EMC’s VNXe and VNX iSCSI SAN offers our clients CIFS/NFS, DeDupe, Unified Storage management with Snapshots, Provisioning and Replication. How affordable…many may wonder? Condor is running client promotions for under $15K incl. support.
See these exciting new products on our marketing microsite: http://www.diskvaults.com
Q3 Promotion: BlueArc, Break the Myth Promotion. We have a bold mission, to break the myth that Enterprise, Clustered NAS must cost at least $100K. We are an Authorized BlueArc Reseller. Our primary client focus is to arrange webinars, coordinate site visits and negotiate discounted prices with BlueArc sales agents. We have all the tools to solve today’s Big Data needs at prices you may thought were out of reach. Please give us a chance to cost illustrate this product before your spend money on another NAS solution.
Thank you for stopping by our website and for reading our blog! PH 888-472-8028 email: email@example.com
Unified Storage System – iSCSI, FC, NAS
High-performing unified storage with unsurpassed simplicity and efficiency, optimized for virtual applications. With the VNX Series, you’ll achieve new levels of performance, protection, compliance, and ease of management.
- Consolidated “all in one” file, object (CAS) and block solution
- SAS high speed and SAS high capacity storage pools
- Large SSD flash buffers for extreme high performance and auto tiering
- Configure and assign resources in minutes and scale to 1974TB
- Scale performance, capacity and add capabilities when needed …
Dec. 2010 was one of the strangest year ends I have seen in 25 years. Everyone popped up needing budget numbers in a sure fire hurry, and we had to churn out quotes 24/7 to appease. ‘Since we custom architect for each client, this is alot of note taking…but that’s why Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing! Business ended on the plus side, PO’s were actually cut instead of a holiday dead zone. Thank you to all those clients whom trust in our services.
Now, 2011 is alive and vibrant. Renewed spending is being seen or planned in Q1, and the doom and gloom uttered by many about their budgets and freezes in 2010, is not being talked about yet. EMC is bringing out a well priced line of unified storage arrays which we will be featuring in the months ahead. I know a good allegiance when I see one, and we already have a local reference using the product. There are many manufacturers we represent with gusto and we are adding EMC’s new VNXe and VNX to our list. Look for a new website we are launching before the end of this month profiling our top storage vendors and their strongest product offerings, including why we think they rule and edited [but beefy] technical specifications. Please be sure to watch for our launch and/or visit our newletter signup page for upcoming promotions, white papers, and technical data we send bi-monthly. Our newsletter is designed for informing our IT clients, based on seasoned industry experience. We network with hundreds of mass storage storage professionals and 50% of our time is spent on vendor selection. Here’s to a pleasant year ahead for all. If you care to email us, you can use the form below or visit our Contact US page. http://www.condorstorage.com/contact_info.htm[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Please join us for a complimentary all day conference if you are in the Phoenix area on Wed. 9/15. An invitation can be seen here:
I’m seeing alot of technical call outs for storage solutions encompassing CIFS and NFS, SAN provisioning and replication with snapshots. Condor offers many vendor solutions that allow for above the norm design in features. We have acceleration appliances for highest IOPS , which can equal a 10 node NAS cluster in performance at an entry level cost of $35K. We have enterprise arrays, starting at under $10K for 14TB of full featured SAN with 24/7 support inclusive. If you call out your technical specs to me, we shall work with vendor engineers to architect an impressive match, feature by desired feature , with terrific price points. My promise, I shall spare no effort on your behalf in our research phase, if you provide adequate details on what you are seeking. -JMW
We are seeing a trend in larger data centers to move to JBODs. I wonder who invented that term? The actual definition I found when Googling is: “Just a Bunch of Disks (JBOD) is a term for one or more disk drives that form a single volume. However, the information on these disks is not striped in any way or protected”. While this may be true, jbods can now be enabled by fault tolerant software with failover and full file format data restoration. The IP is not residing on a raid controller which can drive up the cost for each shelf of expansion by $5-10K or more. Density is good when trying to hold down energy costs. Per end users with multiple racks, for each tier of storage in a separate cabinet with six 30-amp circuits they pay at least $1000 a month higher energy costs than if they had all three tiers in one box. It’s never been easier or more logical to explore a tiered solution that offers a solid design, all hot-swap parts, advance replacement of all parts plus three tiers enabled under one cover. We offer solid state, SAS 15K RPM and 2TB SATA all in one 4U JBOD. The software is free for proof of concept and the hardware is the easy part. I need an Apple Ipad to keep all the options in front of me as our vendor matrix is so chock full of options. Data storage is where I focused my talents back when Seagate released 20MB drives, and I still love it. I watched Oprah’s show this week on “dream jobs” from cake bakers to techno-nerds who get to test things first…and I count myself fortunate to be able to architect all kinds of storage combinations, for all kinds of projects. The quiver has never been so powerful in the disk drive sector, in my humble opinion. JMW
Moonwalk Inc. has expanded their cloud storage gateway licensing. Moonwalk allows clients to purchase a gateway license for [currently] an open capacity license to several cloud platforms. Moonwalk is an effective HSM solution that allows for granular data migration with it’s policy manager API. Condor Storage is providing complete end to end solutions for incorporating Moonwalk into the enterprise, including secondary storage arrays used as an NFS based target for parking data storage. Supported platforms: Network Appliance, HDS HCAP (Hitachi Content Archive Platform), EMC Centera, CAStor and Amazon. Moonwalks’ policy engine provides native support for : Windows, Redhat Linux, SUSE Linux, OES2, and Novell. Case studies, a powerpoint overview and private cloud alternatives such as Parascale, are all offered in our integration services which we architect and price for our clients.
Please visit our contact us page for a Box.net link to detailed documentation on these solutions. Select: Download Moonwalk” and we shall send the link to you.